Sunday, May 22, 2011

Spinning lesson

Yesterday Linda and I met for dinner and then a lesson on spinning with a spindle. I brought my Navajo spindle from a Navajo weaving class years ago. Linda was a very patient teacher and really explained why we were doing the steps. We played with a roving from the spin-in at the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival.  Then Linda brought out a very simple spindle that she had bought several years and I played with a beautiful green and red roving on this spindle. Linda spun on her Turkish spindle of zebrawood she bought several years ago. A very beautiful spindle and now I see why you end up buying a bunch of them!
Then off to home where I spent the night spinning more - had one major boo-boo when I realized I wasn’t paying attention and started spinning the opposite way. Yarn tends to fall apart when you do that! 



No comments: